We welcome new teachers. In order to become a volunteer teacher you need to:
- have completed our Give Back Training in Trauma-Conscious Yoga. Our Weekend Workshops are the first requirement for all our teachers, so please apply for a teaching position after you have taken the workshop. You can register for our next workshop here.
- If you have taken one of our Weekend Workshop, you may complete the application below. Please send your application with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be contacted for an interview with a member of our Board of Directors. Based on our interview, we may or may not extend an invitation to volunteer with us. Should you be selected as a Volunteer Teacher, we will try to match you with the population/location most suited to you and your schedule.
- If you are accepted as a Volunteer Teacher, you are required to attend at least one of our Community Classes, (Scroll down on our Event Page for details) and commit to teaching the Community Class at least once before entering the jail or prison where you’ll be teaching.
- After one of the directors has observed you teach the Community Class and given you feedback, we will bring you into the prison or jail. You will have at least two classes inside with one of the directors, and at least two classes with one of the senior teachers before teaching on your own.
- It is likely that you will start as the second teacher for a particular class so you may gain experience before handing your own class.
- We are here to support you as you learn and grow as a teacher of trauma-conscious yoga.